blue

Sunday, January 9, 2011

{Short and Simple}

Today is one of those days when I realize {again} I am glad that I can't fix things and only God can.

I don't like when people are stressed or upset or struggling, but often I can't find the words or actions to truly feel like I'm helping.  I realized today it's because I can say things and do things to show that I care or that I'm there, but the only way for a person to truly feel better and at peace, they have to do so with Christ.  This isn't an excuse for me to step away and stop doing things or saying things or most importantly, praying for them, but I can't fix... only God can.

Philippians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...