blue

Friday, August 12, 2011

{trying to be thrifty}

i like being thrifty.  it's a trait passed on to me by my parents, and one that i'm very happy to have learned/inherited (depending upon how you look at such things...)

it's something i've always liked- finding the best deal, and honestly, it's a game to me.

for instance.  it's a game to see how cheap i can get my textbooks for the semester.  i have one more book to buy this semester, i've spent $19 on 2 books.  i'm winning (against who?  the makers of those darn books!)

i also just made my own febreeze.  that crap is expensive, and i just made it.  fo free.  2 tbs baking soda, 1/8 cup of my amazing orchid/lavender fabric softener and fill the old bottle with hot water.  now i can smell my fabulous softener all the time.  i'm winning again.

my next endeavor is homemade laundry detergent, and maybe dishwashing detergent.  both use washing soda and borax, and the savings are pretty significant.  plus i feel like it has to be better for me without all the extra stuff in there.

is this my hippiness coming out?  it may be... who knows.  if i make it, i'll let you know how it works out.

***edit*** i made both.... update tomorrow on how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...