blue

Thursday, August 18, 2011

{sitting, thinking}

it's that time of the year again.... the time where new freshmen are making their way onto campus.  i helped move girls in last weekend, and just talking with a friend, we reminisced about being in that place 6 years ago.  6 years ago, i was nervous, excited, shy freshman who knew 3 people on campus and didn't know what i was supposed to do, where i was supposed to go, or how i was supposed to do much of anything.

fast track 6 years... here i am.  i am a very different person than i was then, and it is a direct cause of so many wonderful people in my life.  i'm about to start leading a bible study with my best friend, and i'm realizing that i'm about to be in the place that some pivotal people were for me.

this is a thank you to so many wonderful people... thank you for taking time out for me.  you didn't have to.  you chose to.  thank you for inviting me into your house, your apartment, taking me to get coffee, calling me on the phone, inviting me over for sleepovers, allowing me to hang out with your kids, listening to me cry after a bad test grade and being totally sure my life was over, and most of all, teaching me a different side of Jesus.  i have been blessed beyond belief with positive, Jesus-loving people in my life.

thank you for teaching me about opening your home.  thank you for teaching me the importance of loving people.  thank you for teaching me to love like a child.  thank you for teaching me what is important in life- people, serving, loving, a smile, honesty, and that it's ok to not have it all together.

from taking me under your wing when i was a little baby freshmen, to providing a place for me to live, to being blessed with the most amazing roommates, to knowing i always had people i could count on, thank you.

do not ever underestimate the power Christ has given you to impact a life.  especially with new freshman coming in, and going to a new work place, today is a realization that God blesses any situation and the most simple acts of kindness.  thank you for showing that to me, i hope that God can multiply that, and that He can be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...