blue

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

{hope}

There is not a person who wasn't affected by Friday. I had to turn off the news. One of the other slp's, the ot and I just cried in our office. It sounded similar to our school, those babies were a year or 2 years older than my kiddos. We are teachers. Ask 90% of teachers- they would not hesitate to lay down their life for their students. We love our kids.

It is easy to lose hope in society when things like this happen, but then again, it is a reminder good is in the world following the tragedy. There was a man who bought 100 cups of coffee from a local store in newtown, there have been vigils all over the us, victor cruz didn't just publically show support for one of th families, but took time to go visit them and be with them. There is hope for good in this world.

Sunday, at church, they had a video that made me cry. Kids who love other kids make me do that.... I see hope and pure love in them, they get it. This kid gives me hope for our future, because he puts another child ahead of himself. Watch and grab a tissue...

This is why I love my job- I see kids love on other kids who may be a little different. We could all take some lessons


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...